Tuesday, July 17, 2007

From the rising of the sun, to the setting of the same.

My devotion this morning came from Isaiah 45:6 so all the world from east to west will know there is no other God. I am the Lord, and there is no other. In verses 1-8 the lord is telling Cyrus that he will go before him and level the mountains. He will smash down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. And he will give him treasures hidden in the darkness--secret riches. He will do this so he may know that he is lord, the God of Isreal, the one who calls him by name.

Is this not a simple line of verses but yet so hard to comprehend for some?

God does go before us and prepares the road ahead. My bible tells me that this is the only place in the bible where a Gentile ruler is said to "anointed." God is the power over all the rulers, and he anoints whom he has chosen for his special tasks. Cyrus's kingdom spread across 2,000 miles (the largest of any empire then known), including the territories of both the Assyrian and the Babylonian Empires. Why did God anoint cyrus? Because God had a special task for him to do for Isreal. Cyrus would allow God's city, Jerusalem, to be rebuilt, and he would set the exiles free without expecting anything in return.

Ya know God is ruler over light and darkness, over good times and bad times. Our lives experience both because we they are needed for us to grow spiritually. When the good times come, thank God and use your prosperity for him. When the bad times hit, don't resent them, but ask what can you learn from the experience to make you a better servant of God.

If this devotion was not meant for anyone else today, it was meant for me. Things are settling in with the house and all and little beady eyed satan has popped up on my shoulders and said....un hunh? How are gonna make that house payment that $100 more than the last one you had? How are gonna do this and how are you gonna do that? Well Satan.....I bind you in the name of Jesus.......my lord has gone before me and prepared the way. I will make it because I have a God that has called me by my name even when I didn't know him. He will answer my prayers and see me through to let me know that he is lord and he will see me through.

Thank you Lord for everything you have done for me. Thank you lord for going before me and preparing the way. Thank you that I may meet each new day knowing I have a God that will see me through not only the good times but the bad. Thank you lord for my husband, thank you lord for my children, thank you lord for my friends and family, thank you lord for everything. I know you will see me through because you have brought me safe thus far. I know you will not leave me or farsake me. Thank you lord for preparing the way. It's in your sweet holy name I pray..........AMEN

If you're having a hard time trusting the Lord today just remember and hang on to verse 6 so all the world from the east to west will know there is no other God. I am the Lord, and ther is no other.

Have a great day in the lord,
Lisa



0

3 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Hey girl! Great post! You keep pushing that devil out! NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is gonna keep you from God's blessings!!! He WILL make a way for that $100, you just keep trusting in Him. I'll be praying for you today, I can't wait to see what God does! I have found that "on paper" it never makes sense......but God always make cents out of "his sense". =) ha ha!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

bind him, girl, bind him - in Jesus name!!! amen, ssiter!

Kim said...

I read something on stewardship the other day - some said, "If God can part the Red Sea - He can handle the red in your checkbook."

Trust in Him.