Sunday, June 29, 2008

I am very BLESSED

I have been contemplating on posting this but it has been on my mind for days now and I just can't get away from it. I just didn't want to sound selfish.

I have been browsing different blogs and reading about other people but just couldn't make myself blog my own. I love to read how god has blessed others and used inspirational things to reach other people. However I have come across benotaftraid.net and began to read of mother (parents) of poor prenatal diagnosis'. I go to this site all the time not because I like what I read but because it is so inspirational to me how God chose to bless these women. You are probably thinking I am crazy at this point but every story regardless of how it turned out...God Blessed someone through it. I hope I am getting my point across clear....(I still have a problem with what others think but I am working on it.)

Of all the things that go through my mind when i read these stories is how BLESSED I am to have 3 healthy children. Ya ll.... I think we take our healthy children for granted sometimes. Ten fingers, ten toes, walking, jumping, skipping, hollering at siblings, fighting over what they had first, the funny things they say at just the right moment....I could go on and on naming things but we just take these things for granted because they are ordinary things we see everyday and don't know life as a different picture. If we have healthy children, we need to be very thankful that God chose us to be the mommies to these children.

No I don't have a testimony of how God delivered me from drugs and alcohol or anything devastating like that but however I do have a testimony. Everyone does.....if God has saved you from this dying, cruel world.....YOU have a testimony.

I do have a story of how God blessed me and my husband with a child that has a heart defect. i have never shared this story publicly but now I feel like God is wanting me to post it here.

Just a quick update in case this your first time to this blog. We have 3 children..all boys. Our oldest is 18...9 lbs. 11 Oz, 22 inches long when he was born. As you can see very healthy. Our 2ND is 16 and was 8 lbs. 2 Oz's and our 3rd which is now 9 yrs. old was 9 lbs. and 5 Oz's. So you see very healthy baby boys.

When Derek, our middle one made his appearance into the world, we were told that he had a heart murmur but it was something some people were born with and it would probably out grow it. Everytime we went for check ups our ped. would really listen and comment on how he thought the murmur was getting louder. At the age of ten months....we went in for a check up and he suggested we see a cardiologist just for precaution. He didn't like the way it sounded. We took Derek to a local adult cardiologist and he was diagnosed with a Bi-cuspid Aortic valve. To make a long story short he was born with 2 cuspids pumping the blood where we have 3. He said he didn't see any leakages or anything and wanted to see him when he was 3. I didn't like the idea of waiting 2 years so I ask our ped. if he would refer us to see a pediatric cardiologist. We chose one in Greenville and within a few weeks we were off to see him. He confirmed the diagnosis and but said he has mild Aortic stenois. This meant the cuspids can build up calcium deposits on them and it can restrict them from opening the way they should. Right then Dereks was minimal if any and he wanted to see him every 6 months just to keep a close check on him. (Remember the other card. wanted to see him at age 3) Well, we continued the every 6 mth. check up with Derek with no change in him. Just an average child bouncing around full of life.

Sorry but i need to finish this in a 2nd post, the hubby is hungry...lol, recovering from from surgery. I need to stop right here. I didn't intend for this to be a long post but I guess someone needs to hear what I got to say.

Until the 2nd post,
A mom with a purpose

No comments: