Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Call to Love and Obediance

As a busy mom and wife, I realized over the last couple of days that I need to slow down, love and respect what God has given me and not try to be the best of everything but be myself. (Thanks again, Kim).

Last night, our pastor took his sermon from Deuteronomy 10:11, But the lord said to me,' Get up and lead the people into the land I swore to give their ancestors, so they may take possession of it.' this is out of the new living translation.

He went on to say that we should learn a kingdom phrase...I can't stay here, I'm heading out. This hit me like a rock. I have so bogged down with LIFE and had allowed myself to almost drown in self pity but after last night i can honestly say I am NOT staying in this state of mind and situation but I am heading out. If you are going through something today just constantly say this............I CAN'T STAY HERE, I AM HEADING OUT.

As I looked at this verse this morning I continued to read on through verses 12-13. "12 And now, Isreal, what does the lord your God require of you? He requires you to fear him, to live according to his will, to love and worship him with all your heart and soul,13 and to obey the Lord's commands and laws that I am giving you today for your own good.

How often we complicate faith with man-made rules, regulations and requirements. Are you frustrated and burned out from trying to please God? Concentrate on his real requiremnts and find peace. I AM.

Until next time RESPECT, FOLLOW, LOVE, WORSHIP AND OBEY.

Lisa

1 comment:

Kim said...

Lisa, I love it...."Can't Stay here, I'm Heading out!" Got to remember that girl - that will help you put on the brakes and do a u-turn won't it? Thanks for sharing and I am thrilled to hear that you are choosing joy!