Friday, June 1, 2007

My Joy

Most that know me knows that I have suffered from depression and I have terrible PMS. It gets to the point sometime where I just want to be by myself, no kids, no husband, no housework, no nothing, downright mean and start to become the woman that God had not intended for me to be. Well for the last couple of weeks I have been in what I call my GUNK. Going through STUFF.....you women out there know what I am talking about. Well.................

MY JOY is back. I had a good day yesterday and expect today to be even better. We are going to have bad days but god does not intend for us women to live like this but to endure these things so we can be stronger in our walk with him. In 2nd Timothy 3 the lord tells Timothy to teach these great truths to trust worthy people that are able to to pass them on to others. It says, "Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.4 And as Christ's soldier, do not let yourself become tied up in the affairs of this life, for then you cannot satisfy the one who has enlisted you in this army. I feel like this is saying that if we are tied up in worldly things we can not be the blessing to others that he wants us to be. Also in verse 11-13, If we die with him, we will also live with him.12 If we endure hardship, we will reign with him.If we deny him, he will deny us. 13 If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny himself. I think he is saying right here that regardless of what we go through that he will be there to pick us up, dust us off and let us continue our journey with him.

This blogger has been an answered prayer for me, I feel like I am releasing things within me that I have had bottled up. Just keep me in your prayers that I can keep the JOY that I have obtained through my lord Jesus Christ and the help of my christian friends and family.

Until next time keep the JOY god has given you,
Lisa

3 comments:

Kim said...

SO glad to hear that you are "heading out". Isn't this blogging thing liberating? I love it - and I am glad that you do to. Choose joy, girl, choose joy!

Love ya!

Kim said...

Checked to see if you had another post yet - I have felt blah...this weekend...nothing wrong...just blah! I have caught up in two scrapbooks but I have a strong urge to clean out some stuff in the house - Look out Goodwill - here I come! In the mood...need to do it!
Post some more...keep it coming!

michelle barnes said...

I have always knew you had trouble with those things. I want you to know that I love you very much and I miss you and your family more than words can express. You were a blessing here and Mike was a blessing here. I miss seeing the boys and working with the teens so much.... Thank you for your prayers, it means more than you will ever know.
Love you
Michelle