Thursday, June 7, 2007

A kid at heart

Well I still have my JOY that God has restored within me and this week I was able to share that joy. My husband is a school resource officer in our local school here in Calhoun Falls, S.C. As a part of his job there he is is over a Mentor program. Well......he and I and 7 other chaperones took 45 teenagers to Mrytle Beach. Most of you are probably saying.......have you lost your mind? That was my first reaction to my husband when he ask did i want to go and chaperone.......you are crazy if you think that I am going to the beach with that many teenagers and 2 of them were ours, plus we took our 8 year old. Well I decided to go and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had the best group of kids we could have ask for. I took the chance this week to look at the different kids and their personalities. We had some kids that were there for the first time or this is the only time that they are able to go anywhere like that. it made me realize how blessed I am to have the privelege to enjoy vacations and special times with my children. Although these kids may not ever go again or can only go through this program I am thankful that god chose my husband to step into this position where he can be a major part of childrens lives and I have the opportunity to share my joy with them and god can use us to let them know they do BELONG and they are SPECIAL. i tool plenty of pictures and I am going to make my husband a scrapbook that he can take back to school with him and share with these kids. we were kids at heart. We played in the pool with them, shopped with them, ate with them and got to stay up late and laugh and giggle with them. I thoroughly enjoy it and they were surely a blessing to me.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Girl - I have been worried about you - I thought something was wrong since you weren't posting but I was thankful to hear from you tonight - so glad you could share your joy with others! Also glad to hear the God is using Mike to build relationships with the teens - Isn't is sad that some of them have never been to the beach? I remember taking 5th graders from Abbeville to the Riverbanks Zoo and when we crossed Lake G'wood - they shouted because they thought it was the ocean. I have never forgotten that!

Lisa said...

It is so sad but I am glad that I was a part of them experiencing it. Sorry I worried you but the concern makes me feel SPECIAL...lol

TTYL

Kim said...

Love your new look - I am going to post more tomorrow - I have slept late every morning this week - and once I wake up - it's on....no quiet time - I will get back on schedule soon.