Thursday, June 14, 2007

When the power goes out.........

It's been a week since I posted. I have enjoyed reading up on everyone else's blog and thought I would post something I experienced yesterday. I have been feeling blah all week. Nothing wrong just blah feeling, no energy. I have been wanting to post but I would sit down and start to browse and get interupted by an 8 year old. I am not complaining by no means but sometimes you just want some MAMA time. Well anyway to get to my point of this post........

We have been having thunderstorms here all week every afternoon and yesterday the power went out for about 4 1/2 hrs. I had been lazy all day and needed a bath before going to church so needless to say we didn't make it. While the power was out....I heard.....I'm hungry, I can't find ????, I'm bored, when are lights coming back on?, let's just go somewhere there is nothing to do here. Believe me if the kids could think of it, it came out. We ended up outside with 2 of our boys playing football in the yard and my husband and I sitting on the porch talking and watching. You see... it takes a power outage to get all of us on one level and spend some quality time together. It's usually running here, running there, doing this, doing that. ANYWAYS.... I told my husband that it kinda reminded me of being plugged in to Jesus Christ. When we are plugged in we gain his power like our appliances have to be plugged in to have power. When our power goes out, we have nothing but total darkness. It's like when we don't have our lord Jesus Christ the lord over our life we live in total darkness. I feel like god laid that on my heart to share with all of you. If you are going through a dark valley and feel you can't see the light, just get plugged into Jesus and his mighty power and he will pull you through. That light may seem dim at times but the power behind it is worth the wait.

3 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Isn't it truly awful that it does take a storm (no pun intended!) to really make us stop and smell the roses??!! I see that so much in my own life, just trucking on through life but missing so much of the "good stuff". Thanks for your prayers, I desperately appreciate them right now!! =)

Kim said...

Glad to see you post again - I have missed it this week - I plan to get on it again soon - We are having a wonderful RELAXING vacation. Love ya!

Lisa said...

I've been looking everyday 2 or 3 times a day to see if you posted. You just have a unique way of sheding light on issues and making me look at things with a different perspective. I know you are having fun. ENJOY !!!!!