Friday, June 29, 2007

Making our house a HOME

Welll we finished unloading the carport today. Our house is starting to look like a home now. I think all I have left now is going through some clothes we have that we actually needed to go through before all this happened, I told my husband there is no better time than now to go through them and get rid of what we don't wear because I am having to wash everything anyway.

As we unpacked some boxes today, we came across some old pictures. It actually made the job more fun looking at them and laughing. But oh how happy I am to have this behind us.

Today, I had a blog going......very inspirational and the lap top powers OFF. I was so upset. My husband said "what in the world is wrong with you?" I said "oh, you wouldn't understand, this stupid thing just cut off on me." I was all into it and lost it all.......lol He just laughed.

God is doing so much in me since all this happened. I just look at things different now. We did go to Wal;mart yesterday and I told my friend I never thought I would be excited about going down the laundry and cleaning isle.......lol I did buy me a $7 shirt but felt guilty afterwards.

Choose this day whom you will serve but as for me and my house we will serve the lord.

Trying to make our house a home one day at a time,
Lisa

2 comments:

Kim said...

After the last couple of weeks you have had - don't feel guilty about buying yourself a treat!

I prayed for you this morning (as I was painting our home) - thanking him for how He answered our prayers for your home.

Have a great day!

Kim

Lisa said...

Thanks Kim.....we are enjoying it so much. Next time you are in Greenwood, you'll have to come see it.

Hope the exterior painting is coming along well. I don't think I would be brave enough to challenge that.

Love ya,
Lisa