Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I want to be a BLESSING to those little girls........

Good Morning or should I say Good afternoon....I have been preparing for my STARS class tonight and I guess I have let time get away from me.

Today I would like to challenge all of you that tread my blog to pray for a time in my life that i so desperately feel God is calling me in to. Back, I guess the end of May, the first of June, I accepted a position at church as the STARS (little girls from 3rd to 5th grade) teacher. Iam not doing this because I felt pressured from the one who ask me but I felt like God all but audibly told me this was what I need to do. Well..........due to summer activities, vacations, campmeeting, 4th of July and of course the house fire.....I have not had the oppurtunity of doing but 2 classes, they were simple, I had someone elses plans to go by and basically had to do what they had already planned to do. I can get very confusing sometimes......can't I? Oh well....anyway.....

Tonight I am on my own....making my own plans, crafts,etc. I would just like for you to pray that God will use me in a powerful way with those little girls and that I will be the christian example to them that I need to be. Pray that I will be obediant to his word and not just go in that room and do what Lisa wants to do but rather what he wants me to do. I just want to be in his divine will and plan and be the blessing he wants me to be to those little girls.

Also, Renee and Jason want to meet with Mike and I and talk. Almost like a counseling session...she says jason is not comfortable enough to talk with anyone else and he requested to her that he and she talk with us. All I can say is.........I'm beginning to see God working in him....if he will just surrender. Pray that God gives Mike and I the right things to say to both of them. I really feel like God is going to use us and what we have been through in our marriage to speak to them.........I knew God had a plan for the trials that we have been through and I think he is going to give us the opportunity to share his love and guidance with others. I hope I don't sound prideful...........I am just excited to see God work in a powerful way with the both of us. I am trying to be obediant and he is rewarding me (us).

Excited in what God is doing,
Lisa

3 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

hey girl - thanks for stopping by the blog! I am going to say a prayer right now for your stars group!

Have a wonderful day - ti is a bit cooler here today!!

Kim said...

Lisa,
Don't worry about "counseling" - Just share what God has done for you and Mike in your relationship through the years - and how it has impacted your boys. Praise God that he is even remotely interested in what you may say - Pray...Pray...Pray and Let the Holy Spirit do the talking. God will equip you both if you ask him. I sent you some scrapbooking surprises by Mary - she should be in CF tomorrow - I put them in her van - I told her that you have nedded some motivation to get busy scrapbooking! :)
Love ya and I will be praying for you!

Kim

Lisa said...

Thanks a bunch Kim.....I love surprises. We do plan on sharing what God has done. Like you posted once he will rebel or submit....just keep praying he will surrender. I had supper with Renee after church tonight and God is just doing an awesome work in her. I am so excited.

Lisa