Monday, September 24, 2007

One more of a weekend.....

Good morning girls........A short, heart wrenching weekend. Boy, am I tired this morning.

It all started out on friday night, my two oldest play varsity football and my in-laws are over the concession this year and they had ask me to work in there friday night. Well anyway......someone come in there and said Mikey (my oldest) had taken a hard hit but he was ok. Someone come in there and said, Mikey has been hit real hard and they are checking him, she said they were taking his pads and such off but she thought he was fine, that he had walked off the field. Right directly behind this person, a parent of another player comes to the door and says Lisa, you need to come talk to the team dr. about Mikey. Yall, I about had a coronary right there in the concession. It really upset me because this lady is a nurse and I knew that it had to be something to it for her to come and get me. She said, you can't let Mikey see you crying. Boy, can you imagine the emotions going on within me at that moment.......not wanting to cry but can't stop, didn't want Mikey to see me upset but couldn't control it all. To make a long story short, I had to go out to the sideline and talk to the team dr. and he ended up with a mild concussion. He said when he was hit, everything immediatly went black but he never fell until he went to walk and then his knees crumble before him. He said he had a bad headache and was nauseated. The dr. check him out, made him do exercises and let him go back in the 2nd half of the game. We are talking about a child that loves football, will do anything to play. Gosh, it scared me to death. I had to keep a check on him throughout the night and he is fine.

Then about 4:30 sat. morning my niece calls me and said the ambulance had to come pick my mom up. She had called my sister right before calling me and my sister told her she was on her way, she called her back and said she was having car trouble and that her phone was going dead. if she didn't call her back to come and check on her. Well, my niece sends my mom on to the hospital in the ambulance and goes to check on my sister and finds a vehicle with lights on and everything but my sister was no where to be found. I was still on the phone with her during all this and at this point I went hysterical. My niece goes and wakes my nephew up and when they got back to the car, my sister was there with a deputy sheriff. She had given out of gas. Ya see, we have a lot of excitement in our family.......don't we? We'll to make a looooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg story short, my mom is on oxygen and she is also on cuumidan (sorry for the spelling) and they think she had a small vessel or something burst in her nose because of the dryness in her nose from the oxygen and with her being on cuumidan, her nose would not stop bleeding. My niece said there was blood everywhere, my daddy was hysterical. Ya see about 6 years ago, something similiar had happened and mama was bleeding out of every exit hole she had in her body, she ended up on a ventilator and was not expected to live through the night. She pulled through and after about a 2 week stay in the hospital, we were able to bring her home. So now you see.........I have had one more of a weekend and I am tired as I can be........stress will get the best of you if you let.

So anyway, on to something exciting.......I was checking out the "living well" site (and by the way, will someone explain to my how that works. ) and I came across the "How to take care of the "me" in mommy?" I checked it out and I chose to do the one on finances. I have been getting daily emails from Lisa and I am getting excited about what the lord is going to do with our finances. I can see a change in everything (especially my attitude) since I have been doing this. Ya see if you sit down and look at where you spend your money..........it will really OPEN your eyes. I told my husband just this morning.....one of our problems is not communicating about our finances. I have realized that he has one budget in his head and I have another in mine and our budgets collide sometime leaving us with NOTHING. I really mean NOTHING. Can you recall my phone being cut off a few weeks ago? it won't happen again because of stupidity. So anyway, I know if I give it all to the lord and let him guide us, he will get us back to where we need to be.

I guess I posted alittle too much this morning but just wanted to let everyone know how my weekend went and how the lord is working our live TODAY.

Until next time,
Lisa

3 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

WOW girl....lot's going on!!! I'm glad Mikey is ok (smiles.....that's what we called my brother!!) I hope things with your mom works out too....sounds very scary!!! When it rains it pours doesn't it???!!!

I understand what you mean as well about the budgets with hubby's.....that is Kris and I's biggest fight, he can't or won't think past tomorrow when it comes to money or paying bills.....like we'll let's just pay everything (even if it's not due) TODAY, because then we have no bills right??? Ya, and then we "forget" about oh....groceries, diapers, birthday's......UGH.

You're in my prayers today!! Have a good day! Keep us updated on your mom!!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hey thanks for coming by. Glad ya'll had such a great revival.
The guy we had was Scott Hammrick. That would have been pretty cool if it had been the same guy. Glad God used this in your lives.
Busy weekend huh?
It is amazing what God brings us through.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Hey girl! I think it's time for an update??? =) Miss you! Thanks for you sweet words today!! Hope things are going well! And I DON'T ever think you share to much, you are just telling it like it is. Take care!