Friday, November 23, 2007

A new job, a broken arm and a stomach bug adds up to a stressful week.

I want to apologize for not posting or at least not lettng anyone know why I haven't been posting but it has been a very interesting 2 weeks for me. Remember in my last post I was bragging about having my tree.....well now I know why I did it so early.

This coming monday 3 weeks ago I got a call from a friend of mine that runs a daycare at our former church offering me a job. Although I have enjoyed subbing and wasn't really looking for anything else I told her I would talk it over with my husband and get back with her. After talking it over with him we both come to the conclusion that since all 3 boys were in school that it would be good for me to get out of the house (remember the last couple of months I have been going through my GUNK) plus it would be a paycheck coming in weekly to do the extra things everyone likes to do.....not to mention christmas is coming....lol I called her back and started that wednesday. I have 7 toddlers....3 walking 4 crawling...ranging from 10 months to about 15 months. I love it.....challenging but enjoyable. I am still adjusting to the hours and working full time, taking care of 3 demanding boys, a husband, a dog and trying to keep the house clean. I am sorry I have left my blogging friends out there wondering about me.......I am okay just busy...LOL

Okay...so I am working there exactly two weeks to the day and my 8 yr. old wants to go to work with me because he is out of school for thanksgiving. About 4:30 wed. afternoon....his daycare teacher brought him in to me and said the most dreadful words a mom will eventually at some point have to hear....."Lisa, don't panic but Carson fell outsde and I think his arm is broke." I look up and OH MY GOSH, did I panic......to make a long story short we spend the next 7 hrs. in the ER and on the road to another ER to see a orthopedic. They originally thought they may have to take him to surgery to get it set properly but thankfully they were able to do it in the ER under light sedation. Okay so you talking about an 8 yr.old getting his way....my baby could get anything he wanted from me right now...lol

So anyway to top it off...we have a great thanksgiving only to have him wake up in the middle of the night throwing up and going to the bath room......so needless to say my work has been cut out for me through out this whole thing. I really do feel sorry for him.....he has a temporary cast till we go back to the dr. next tuesday.He has to wear a sling 24/7 unless he is in the bath and the cast is real heavy. I have got to say he has been a real trooper.....hardly cried at all during the whole thing. Being put to sleep while they set it really scared him.

So thats where I have been and I know God was there every step of the way with me. I promise to post earlier next time. Continue to keep my father-in-law in your prayers. He went wed. for a full body PET scan and we will know next tuesday if the cancer has spread or not. Thanks for posting on his caringbridge site.

Well it's 1:00 am...I guess I better get in the bed...my family will be here tomorrow for our delayed thanksgiving dinner.

Love yall and thanks for being concern.....I feel LOVED...hehehehe

Lisa

2 comments:

Kim said...

Well all of those are major stressors - Hope your family dinner went well today. It was great to see Mike - I wish that we could have seen you as well. I know that you were busy preparing for your family though. Tell Carson that I posted something special for him on the family site. Hang in there!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I'm glad your ok......well, kinda ok, things sound crazy! Glad to hear you are working!!